IFTPS Guidance Documents
These guidelines have been developed by consensus of members of the Institute For Thermal Processing Specialists. Information presented in the following documents should be considered voluntary guidelines. It does not preclude the application of other methods and equipment to ensure the efficacy of a thermal process and the delivery of a scheduled process. Please [click here] for details of the document development process.
Please Note: While other documents may have been circulated for comment during their development process, the documents listed here are the only guidelines approved by the IFTPS Board of Directors for publication and use.
- IFTPS Definition of a Process Authority
- Nomenclature for Studies in Thermal Processing
- Document G.005.V1 Guidelines for Microbiological Validation of the Sterilization of Aseptic Filling Machines and Packages, Including Containers and Closures
- Guidelines for Conducting Thermal Processing Studies (02/13/14)
- Guidelines for Validating Electronic Chart Recorders (06/01/18)